Sunday 29 July 2012

Runaround Kids/ IMP @ Nation of Shopkeepers, Leeds 11th April 2012


Runaround Kids/ IMP @
Nation of Shopkeepers, Leeds
11th April 2012

Who likes free stuff, I can hear the child in you screaming me, me, me. Everyone does don’t they, it is even better when you get something for free that you think you should of paid for. That is what this particular gig felt like, probably not just for me, but also for the majority of people in the place.

IMPS took to the stage, and were infectious within the opening chords. Nation of shopkeepers is a small stage, so for a 5 piece band to fit on was quite an achievement. Each song is foot tapping, head nodingly good. This was my first time seeing the band live, and it will certainly not be the last.  

This was the Runaround Kids headline show, and what a show it was. Bouncing onto stage even though two of the members were playing in the previous support bands, fatigue was certainly not going to stop this trio. Song after song was outstanding, a band that show this amount of chemistry on stage, are certainly going to get far, but then we wouldn’t get these lovely free gigs for free if they did. During the songs when I was not engrossed in what I was seeing, I saw that the majority of the people knew the songs that they were singing, surely a sign of a bloody good band. I would have certainly paid to see this gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.